Thursday, November 06, 2014

A coming proliferation of better beer in Indiana. We'd best lighten the immigration laws.

Earlier today, IndianaOnTap.com tweeted an auspicious number.

There are more than 50 new breweries in development around Indiana! Part 1 today, part 2 Fri.

Ted Miller (Brugge Brasserie, Outliers) replied.

In related and encouraging news, there are also 50 new craft beer drinkers. Wait.........oh shit.

I found encouragement, too.

And another 50 square feet of (retail) shelf space.

That's better than the fifty or so dollars I've made ... nah, never mind.

Seriously, while I remain bullish about better beer, someone needs to ask the question: Who's going to buy all this beer? I didn't take a close look at the list. I just hope these start-ups have strong on-premise business models.

No comments: